Saturday, November 08, 2008

Martial Arts Competition. November 8th, 2008

So today i competed in my first martial arts competition. it was broken up between kids and adults; from there, age and belt rank. it was cool seeing everyone compete. there were well over 200 students from many different schools through out our area. when it was my turn, i was more nervous about speaking in front of the judges than doing my form! we had to say our name, what school we are from, the form we were performing and you had to ask permission to perform. i was shocked, i spoke loudly and did well for someone who is afraid of public speaking. so i performed my form, then the other 2 competitors did theirs. (male and female) when we were through, myself and the male student were called up. we had tied! in the event of a tie, both students perform again at the same time! i didn't know that, so i was caught off guard by having to perform a second time and when i was done i knew that my first performance was better than my second. overall, my male competitor won 1st place and i won second. it was a good experience and i am glad decided to compete!

ttyl, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home